Monday, December 1, 2008

1943-S FIVE CENTS



Circulation strikes: 104,060,000
Designer: Felix Schlag
Diameter: 21.2 millimeters
Metal content:
Copper - 56%
Silver - 35%
Manganese - 9%
Weight: 5 grams
Edge: Plain
Mintmark: "S" (for San Francisco) above the building on the reverse
Value: $1.00 (VF-20) up to 15.00 (MS-65)

I'm not usually a big fan of Starbucks coffee… during the winter, however, they have a rather tasty Spiced Pumpkin Latte. So, when I needed some late night caffeine and was restless to get out of the house I headed over to the local Starbucks… and discovered something else to like… wireless. Using the same provider I use at home. Which means free, no hassle internet at the coffee shop. No asking for an access code, no charge, no nothing. Just enter the same login credentials that I use at the house… and Presto! Instant internet. I also discovered a wartime nickel in my change during that trip to Starbucks. A nice addition to the long weekend!

No comments: