Monday, April 14, 2008

1944 ONE CENT



Circulation strikes: 1,435,000,000
Designer: Victor David Brenner
Diameter: ±19 millimeters
Metal content:
Copper - 95%
Zinc - 5%
Weight: ±3.11 grams
Edge: Plain
Mintmark: None
Value: $0.10 (VF-20) up to $3.00 (MS-65)

My wife's grandmother passed away recently, and this weekend my mother-in-law brought over some boxes of thing her old things. Because my mother-in-law knows I'm into coins she included the rolled and loose pennies the were found while packing up Grandmas house. So Sunday I sorted through them. They were mostly recent pennies, but there was a lot of pre '82s and a few Wheat Ear Cents. The picture is, well, far from perfect. I'm still getting used to the new coin camera. Since it is much closer to the coin the built in light tends to produce a bit of glare, so I need to find a good alternate light. But I thought I would include a close up of the date, not because it's spectacular, but to show off WHY I picked up the new camera... I could never get detail like this with the old one.

No comments: