Wednesday, February 20, 2008

1994-D DIME



Circulation strikes: 1,400,300,000
Designer: John R. Sinnock
Diameter: ±17.9 millimeters
Thickness: ±1.35 millimeters
Metal content:
Outer layers - 75% Copper, 25% Nickel
Center - 100% Copper
Weight: ±2.27 grams
Edge: Reeded
Mintmark: "D" (for Denver) above the date
Value: $0.75 (MS-65)

I thought I was getting into the office early. It being my first day and all that I certainly did not want to arrive before the receptionist as I would need to rely on someone to let me in, and point me to whoever would be handling my initiation orientation. So, thinking I was early, I took some time to detour back to my favored cafĂ© before heading into the building, thus ensuring both quality caffeine and some coinage. I got the caffeine, and I got my change, but I did not get in "early". No, turns out I now work with a whole company full of hardcore early risers. 8:00 AM is the late side of the morning. At least some of these people are showing up closer to 6:00… Ah well. On to the daily coin… a 1996-D Dime. No, it is not a particularly exciting specimen, and… well… at least it's round, and (somewhat) shiny, and makes happy clinking noises in the pocket.

No comments: