Monday, February 18, 2008

1983-P QUARTER



Circulation strikes: 673,535,000
Designer: John Flanagan
Diameter: ±24.26 millimeters
Metal content:
Outer layers - 75% Copper, 25% Nickel
Center - 100% Copper
Weight: ±5.67 grams
Thickness: ±1.75 mm
Edge: Reeded
Mintmark: "P" (for Philadelphia) on the obverse just right of the ribbon
Value: $21.00 (MS-63) up to $55.00 (MS-65)

I had hoped to manage a Presidential Dollar for President's day… didn't happen. I thought about posting one anyway… fortunately coins with Presidential portraits on them are easy to come by.

Postings over the next week or so might be a bit erratic. I'll still get a post made each day, but tomorrow morning is my first day at the new job, in a new office, with a new boss, and all the other things that go along with. What this means is that I won't have that same happy morning routine that includes a bit of time set aside each morning for COTD. First I don't know how long it will take to get a new office computer set up, or sort out my network access. Don't know who to pester about wireless access, or even if they have wireless set up. So if it's getting on into the evening, and the daily post is not in evidence it probably means that I won't get to it until I get back home…

2 comments:

Coin Update said...

Best of luck at the new job!

Pocket Change said...

Thanks!
BTW... I like the Coin Update site. It quickly became part of my morning reading routine!